Mommy Makeover Results
MOMMY DESERVES A MAKEOVER IN MIAMI, FL
The decision to bear, deliver, and raise a child takes incredible, lifelong commitment. Dr. Nirmal Nathan believes that every mother should be properly acknowledged for it. He also believes that women who want to regain their pre-pregnancy figures should have personalized options. At The Nathan Clinic in Miami, FL, the “mommy makeover” is customized to meet your unique schedule, needs, budget, and expectations.
COMMON AREAS OF CONCERN
A woman who is at or near normal weight for her frame size before pregnancy can expect to gain 25 to 35 pounds during gestation, at a rate of roughly a pound per week, being delivered of an infant weighing on average 7.7 pounds.
IMAGINE THE STRESS THAT PLACES ON HER BODY.
- Breasts swell from milk production, then lose volume after nursing ends. That leaves them looking deflated, sagging, and flattened at the top portion.
- Abdominal skin is stretched to the max by the ninth month. After delivery, it generally lacks elasticity necessary to “bounce back.” Loose skin droops over and below the navel.
- The strain of carrying a fetus and of delivery may separate abdominal muscles. This has a negative impact on posture and allows the belly to protrude.
- A woman’s body goes through many hormonal changes throughout and following pregnancy. That contributes to stubborn deposits of fat at the abdomen, flanks, hips, and thighs.
The toll on the body is more pronounced with a multiple birth, and with each additional pregnancy. Even a fitness enthusiast may find it difficult to set aside sufficient “me time” to help the body rebound from those changes. Plus, no amount of exercise can fully restore some of these issues, including stretched skin and separated abdominal muscles.
“Mommy makeover” is the popular term for a personalized combination of cosmetic surgery techniques that help a woman’s body contours return to pre-pregnancy condition – or better! It is a boost of confidence that helps many women take pride in motherhood, return to the workforce, and feel like themselves again.
WHAT IS A MOMMY MAKEOVER?
At The Nathan Clinic in Miami, FL, a mommy makeover is much more than a new makeup palette, hair style, or outfit. It is a combination of surgical corrections with lasting results. Procedures are generally performed in one appointment, getting mama back on her feet and into her pre-pregnancy wardrobe as efficiently as possible.
YOUR MOMMY MAKEOVER MAY INCLUDE:
- Mastopexy – Breast lift raises and reshapes sagging breasts by tightening support tissues and removing excess skin. Breast lift significantly improves projection and contours, but it does not augment size or round out the top portion of the breast.
- Breast augmentation – Breast implants fill out the volume and shape of breasts. You may choose implants that restore your former breast size, or go larger.
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) – With a full tummy tuck, Dr. Nathan tightens abdominal muscles with sutures, and removes excess fat and skin for a flatter abdomen above and below the navel. A mini or modified tummy tuck involves removal of excess tissues below the belly button, without muscle repair.
- Liposuction/liposculpture – Dr. Nathan uses liposuction to target problem areas with obstinate fat. He sculpts body contours as excess fat is precisely suctioned away. Treatment for muffin top, love handles, and inner and outer thighs are popular mommy makeover additions. Advanced tumescent, ultrasound-assisted, and laser lipo procedures improve comfort and safety.
- Other procedures to address your specific concerns – The Nathan Clinic offers a broad range of surgical and nonsurgical solutions for face and body. Whatever troubles you about your appearance – now is the time to ask, so that Dr. Nathan can incorporate treatment into your mommy makeover.
THE MOMMY MAKEOVER PROCEDURE IN MIAMI, FL
You can certainly start planning for a mommy as early as you’d like. (Some women find great satisfaction in starting to save for mommy makeover cost as soon as they find out they are pregnant.) However, there are two general rules for scheduling the procedure. First, you should wait at least six months after your baby is born, allowing tissues of to shrink and settle to the maximum extent possible. Second, you should wait until your family is complete to have mommy makeover surgery. While you can become pregnant after a mommy makeover, bearing another child will compromise aesthetic results.
When the time is right, schedule a consultation with Dr. Nathan. This appointment is perhaps the most important part of the procedure. Dr. Nathan evaluates the overall quality of your skin to determine how it is likely to respond to surgery, and performs a physical examination. Primarily, though, he listens. He asks questions about your concerns and health status. He takes time to understand your lifestyle and schedule. He explains various techniques, including risks and recovery time, and nonsurgical alternatives. You look at before and after photos to develop realistic expectations. Together you design a mommy makeover that fits your particular needs.
A primary objective of the mommy makeover strategy is to complete multiple procedures in one surgical appointment, reducing downtime for busy mothers. However, if Dr. Nathan feels it is in the best interest of your health, he may recommend separate surgeries.
In most cases, mommy makeovers can be done in as a same day surgery, under general anesthesia. Less invasive makeovers may require only local anesthetic and intravenous sedation. If liposuction is part of your mommy makeover, it is usually performed first, followed by breast procedures, and tummy tuck last.
You return home the same day, with surgical drains to the reduce build up of fluids. You, of course, need someone to drive you home and stay with you through the night. Thorough home care instructions, specific to your surgery, guide you in healing, reduce risk of complications, and help you stay comfortable. Plan on taking at least a week off work, and avoiding heavy lifting or swimming for a minimum of two weeks. You will likely need to wear compression garments for a few weeks. The tight, elastic material supports the body as it heals, reduces swelling and bruising, and protects sutures.
Dr. Nirmal Nathan is a skilled plastic surgeon in Miami, Florida. He received his medical degree through the Honors Program in Medicine at the University of Miami. Dr. Nathan is among the most sought after plastic surgeons in Miami due to his expansive knowledge, skill and method of treating patients. In his practice, The Nathan Clinic Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, he provides the excellence that comes from experience.
WHY CHOOSE DR. NATHAN FOR YOUR MOMMY MAKEOVER?
The internet makes it easy to search for mommy makeover specials. A mommy makeover, however, is a significant surgery. With your appearance and health at stake, it makes sense to trust a Board-certified plastic surgeon, with experience in each of the individual techniques as well as in combined procedures. In the Miami, FL area, that surgeon is Dr. Nathan.