Breast Augmentation Results
OPTIONS FOR BREAST AUGMENTATION IN MIAMI, FL
Natural breast size is primarily determined by genetics, and deflation can occur with aging. These factors may be beyond your control, but you still have the power to choose your ideal shape. Dr. Nathan, Board-certified plastic surgeon, offers several breast augmentation options at his Miami, FL practice.
WHAT THE BREAST AUGMENTATION PROCEDURE CAN ACCOMPLISH
In medical terms it is augmentation mammoplasty, and in slang it is called a “boob job.” Whatever name you choose, breast augmentation is a popular choice for women who are unhappy with their curves. The procedure may be performed using implants or a fat transfer technique to increase the size and improve the shape of breasts.
THE POTENTIAL BENEFITS OF BREAST AUGMENTATION INCLUDE:
- Enlarge naturally small or flat breasts
- Improve your waist-to-chest ratio
- Correct deflation and lost volume, often associated with aging or the effects of breastfeeding
- Correct asymmetry (one breast being different from the other) or abnormality of size or shape
- Certain styles of clothing may fit better, and look better
- Feel more confident in your self-image and love what you see in the mirror
WHO IS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE?
We cannot answer that question with certainty until you’ve had a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Nathan. He will review your medical history to ensure that surgery is safe and discuss various treatment options so that you can make an informed decision.
GENERALLY, THE BEST CANDIDATES ARE WOMEN WHO:
- Are in good health, and not breastfeeding or pregnant
- Have a good understanding of the procedure and realistic expectations
- Are adults with fully developed breasts
- Are unhappy with their breast size and shape
ABOUT THE PROCEDURE
Breast augmentation, when performed by a Board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Nathan, is considered safe for healthy adults. However, any surgical procedure carries certain risks. During your consultation, you will be fully informed of potential complications, side effects, and any other safety concerns. You are encouraged to ask questions and voice any worries you might have. Only once we are confident that you are well informed, and an ideal candidate will we recommend or proceed with any procedure.
DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS, BREAST AUGMENTATION MAY BE PERFORMED USING:
– Available in different sizes and shapes, implants are inserted behind breast tissue, either under or over the pectoral muscle. They may be made of silicone, saline-filled, or a newer form stable type called “gummy bear” implants. The type and placement depend on your specific needs.
– This technique uses your own body fat to increase and shape breasts. It begins with liposuction to remove unwanted fat from one area. Next, the fat is implanted into the breasts. This may be a good option if you are seeking overall body reshaping.